Technician needed at Burnaby Store - Join the Team !
We are currently looking for an experienced full time Technician to support our Vancouver / Montreal teams.
Come and join the Voxel Factory Team - work with us in our 3D printer store !
Why work at Voxel Factory?
- A dynamic environment with a fantastic team, rapidly evolving environment
- Open space office to support a collaborative working environment and facilitate communication.
- Accessible team to facilitate questions and help with tasks
We are looking for a technician who is able to work with the different technologies such as FDM (Filaments), SLA (Liquid resin) and SLS (Powder) and perform maintenance and repairs on 3D printers, like Ultimaker, Formlabs, Sinterit, Sindoh, 3D Platform and Prusa Research.
- In depth technical support in person and via email.
- Pre/post sales technical support via email.
- Actively repair and calibrate 3D printers for clients (Prusa)
- Quote and make print jobs for our clients on our 3D printers
- Give hands on workshops on all 3D printers by Zoom or Skype
- Ability to use slicing tools like Slic3r, Cura, Simplify3D, etc.
- Maintain and repair as required 3D Demo printers at Voxel Factory
- Assist with daily outgoing shipments (Pick/Pack/Ship)
- Collegial, vocational or technical training related to the fields of mechanical assembly, production, installation, electromechanics or any other science profile.
- Must have a valid drivers licence and have access to reliable vehicle (travel may be required to customer locations)
- Must be able to attend manufacture training - and be able to travel freely within North America and Europe
- Must be able to attend customer sites such as schools, government agencies or other industrial locations that require full vaccination status
- Must have at least 1 year - 3D printing experience (repair and operation)
- Capable of lifting heavy loads
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Proficient with basic hand tools
- Experience with mechanical assembly tasks
- Experience with wiring, crimping and soldering
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot issues
- Not afraid to get dirty, be confident and organized.
- Must own, and/or have built at least 1x 3D printer (tell us what you have)
- Comfortable with 3D software (OpenSCAD, TinkerCad, Autodesk, solidworks etc.) Expert level not necessary, basic level or higher.
- Speak and write English, ability to speak French is an asset.
- 2 years experience in Assembly (asset)
- Must have a Skilled Trade Certification
-A daytime work schedule from Monday to Friday.
-A salary commensurate with your skills and experience.
-Workplace : 3855 Henning Drive, #106, Burnaby, BC V5C 6N3
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Tags: career Work @ Voxel Factory
- Roxane Desjardins